Terms & ConditionsRequirements:
- Submitting artists must be:
- Professional artist.
- Living in Ohio.
- Over 18 years of age.
- Not currently enrolled in a degree program.
- All artwork must be created in the last five (5) years.
- Artwork cannot be taller than 10 feet.
- All artwork must be framed and/or equipped with hardware to display properly. You must provide all audiovisual equipment if your piece requires it.
- Be mindful of subject matter; artwork that is overly graphic, political, or lewd will not be considered.
- Must be original artwork. Nothing borrowed or copied.
- Accepted artwork must be dropped off in the Riffe Gallery on Saturday, October 16, 2021, 10 to 4 p.m., and be picked up Directly after the closing reception Saturday January 8, 2022, 4 – 5 p.m., or by appointment the week of January 10,2022.
- If you are unable to drop off or pick up your artwork on the above dates, shipping arrangements must be made. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the artist.
- The selected pieces will be committed to stay on display in the OAC Riffe Gallery through the artwork pickup date regardless of sale.
- If your artwork is for sale and is sold while on exhibition, 20 percent of the sale price will be retained by the Ohio Arts Council. Please consider this when pricing your work. You may list NFS (not for sale) if you do not want to sell your artwork.
- The OAC Riffe Gallery will only accept artwork that is selected by the juror. No substitutions may be made.
- The Riffe Gallery ("the Gallery") will exercise the same care with respect to the work of art referred to in this contract ("the work") as it does in the safekeeping of comparable property of its own.
- The work will remain in the possession of the Gallery but may be withdrawn from the exhibition at any time by the Ohio Arts Council. The work will be returned only to the lender unless the Gallery is notified in writing to the contrary. If the legal ownership of the work shall change during the pendency of this loan, whether by reason of death, sale, insolvency, gift or otherwise, the new owner may, prior to its return, be required to establish their legal right to receive the work by proof satisfactory to the Gallery.
- The gallery will provide blanket insurance coverage for works of art for the duration of the exhibition including installation, and de-installation.
- If the lender chooses to maintain their own insurance, the Gallery must be supplied with a certificate of insurance naming the Gallery as an additional assured or waiving subrogation against the Gallery. If the lender shall fail to supply the gallery with such a certificate, this agreement shall constitute a release of the Gallery from any liability in connection with the work. The Gallery cannot accept responsibility for any error or deficiency in information furnished to the lender’s insurer or for any lapses in coverage.
- It is understood that the Gallery will not clean, restore or otherwise alter the work without consent of the lender. The Gallery assumes the right, unless specifically denied by the lender, to examine the work by all photographic means available. Information thus gathered will remain confidential and will not be published without written consent of the lender.
- The Gallery’s right to return the work shall accrue absolutely at the termination of the loan. If the Gallery, after making all reasonable efforts and through no fault of its own, shall be unable to return the work within sixty days after such termination, then the Gallery shall have the absolute right to place the work in storage, to charge regular storage fees and cost of insurance therefore, and to have and enforce a lien for such fees and costs. If, after five years, the work shall not have been reclaimed, then, and in consideration for its storage, insurance, safeguarding during such period, the work shall be deemed an unrestricted gift to the Ohio Arts Council.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions